- I am a child of God; God is spiritually my Father. Romans 8:14-15; Gal. 3:26; 4:6; John 1:12
- I am a new creation in Christ; old things have passed away and all things have become new. 2 Corinthians 5:17
- I am in Christ. Eph. 1:1-4; Gal. 2:26, 28
- I am an heir with the Father and a joint heir with Christ. Gal 4:6-7; Rom. 8:17
- I am reconciled to God and am an ambassador of reconciliation for Him. 2 Corinthians 5:18-19
- I am a saint. Eph. 1:1; 1 Corinthians 1:2; Phil. 1:1; Col. 1:2
The reason I am beginning this 5 part series is because it is crucial for each believer to know who they are in Christ. If you are a seeker wanting to know what it means to be a christian, then this is a good place to start as well. If you are a long standing christian, then sometimes it is refreshing to be reminded and reconfirmed about who you are in Christ.
I do not know about anyone else but life sometimes gets in the way. For me, I have all too many times allowed life to get in the way. However, truth be told, I, more often than “life” get in my own way. Following Christ takes a desire to seek God for who He really is. I pray for the discipline to sit and study God’s word each morning before “life” takes over. There are days when it is absolutely no problem. Others, I wake up, get my coffee, and instead of getting directly into prayer about what to read or study, I look at email or open the internet. YIKES! Nothing will get you off track quicker, UGH! However, all is not lost, if you catch yourself, pray for God to clear your mind, and then focus on Him. Wha Lah! You are back on track.
In the weeks to come following this series, I am going to share stories of reconciliation so stayed tuned. God has blessed me so many times because I went to someone to reconcile a situation. Some of them have taken years to see the fruits and some have been immediate. I share them with you next week or you may contact me if you seek advise as to how to reconcile in your given situation. My email is email@example.com